- Markov modelling: Queueing processes and evolutionary dynamics
- Pedagogy: Active learning approaches
- Game Theory: Strategic behaviour in queues and the Iterated Prisoner's dilemma
- Healthcare: Applied modelling of patient flow
- 2016: Time-dependent stochastic methods for managing and scheduling Emergency Medical Services: Jon Gillard, Julie Vile, Vincent Knight, Paul Harper - Operations Research for Health Care..
- 2016: Editorial: Health Systems ESI XXXI — OR applied to Health in a Modern World.: Honora Smith, Vincent Knight, Roberto Aringhieri - Operations Research for Health Care, 5, 3..
- 2016: Measuring the Price of Anarchy in Critical Care Unit Interactions.: Izabella Komenda, Jeff Griffiths, Vincent Knight - The journal of the operational research society.
- 2016: An Open Framework for the Reproducible Study of the Iterated Prisoner’s Dilemma.: Alex Carney, Cameron Davidson-Pilon, Georgios Koutsovoulos, Geraint Palmer, Holly Tibble, James Campbell, Jochen Müller, Karl Molden., Karol Langner, Kristian Glass, Luis Visintini, Marc Harper, Martin Chorley, Martin Jones, Vincent Knight, Nikoleta Glynatsi, Owen Campbell, Paul Slavin, Piotr Petunov, Thomas Campbell, Timothy Standen, Tomáš Ehrlich - Journal of open research software..
- 2016: Measuring the Price of Anarchy in Critical Care Unit Interactions: Izabela Komenda, Jeff Griffiths, Vincent Knight - The journal of the operational research society.
- 2016: Editorial: Operations Research for Health Care ESI XXXI — OR applied to Health in a Modern World.: Honora Smith, Vincent Knight, Roberto Aringhieri - Operations Research for Health Care, 8, 22–23..
- 2016: Ambulance Allocations for Maximising Survival within a Heterogeneous Population using a Heterogeneous Fleet.: Leanne Smith, Vincent Knight, Paul Harper - Submitted to the journal of the operational research society.
- 2015: Compliance with National Guidelines for Stroke in Radiology.: Hannah Williams, Izabella Komenda, Vincent Knight - Operations Research for Health Care..
- 2015: Rostering staff at a mathematics support service using a finite-source queueing model: Jon Gillard, Julie Vile, Vincent Knight, Rob Wilson - IMA Journal of Management Mathematics. 27 (2).
- 2015: Modelling of psoriasis patient flows for the reconfiguration of secondary care services and treatments: Alex Anstey, Kayne Putman, Vincent Knight, Paul Harper - Health Systems..
- 2015: Playing games: a case study in active learning applied to Game Theory.: Vincent Knight - Connections.
- 2015: Containment of socially optimal policies in multiple-facility Markovian queueing systems.: Janet Williams, John Minty, Vincent Knight, Paul Harper, Rob Shone - Journal of the Operational Research Society..
- 2014: Tweeting the Terror: Modelling the Social Media Reaction to the Woolwich Terrorist Attack: Adam Edwards, Alex Voss, Luke Sloan, Matthew Williams, Vincent Knight, Omer Rana, Peter Burnap, Rob Procter, Will Housley - Social Network Analysis and Mining.
- 2014: Operational research ambassadors in schools: Louise Orpin, Vincent Knight, Noel-Ann Bradshaw, Paul Harper - Proceedings of the HEA STEM, Edinburgh 2014.
- 2014: Mathematical modelling of patient flows to predict critical care capacity required following the merger of two district general hospitals into one.: Izabella Komenda, Jack Parry-Jones, James Williams, Jeff Griffiths, Vincent Knight, Steve Dumont - Anaesthesia. 70 (1).
- 2013: Selfish routing in public services.: Vincent Knight, Paul Harper - European Journal of Operational Research. 230 (1) 122-132.
- 2013: Comparisons between observable and unobservable M/M/1 queues with respect to optimal customer behavior: Janet Williams, Vincent Knight, Rob Shone - European Journal of Operational Research.
- 2013: Using Singular Spectrum Analysis to Obtain Staffing Level Requirements in Healthcare.: Jon Gillard, Vincent Knight - Journal of the Operational Research Society.
- 2012: Ambulance Allocation for Maximal Survival with Heterogeneous Outcome Measures.: Leanne Smith, Vincent Knight, Paul Harper - OMEGA - The International Journal of Management Science. 40 (6) 918--926.
- 2012: Discrete Conditional Phase-Type Models Utilising Classification Trees: Application to Modelling Health Service Capacities.: Adele Marshall, Vincent Knight, Paul Harper - European Journal of Operational Research. 219 (3) 522--530.
- 2012: Modelling Emergency Medical Services with Phase Type Distributions.: Vincent Knight, Paul Harper - Health Systems. 1 53-68.
- 2012: How Efficient can an Emergency Unit be? A Perfect World Model.: Andrew Nelson, Cheryl Voake, Janet Williams, Jeff Griffiths, Kesh Baboolal, Vincent Knight - Emergency Medicine Journal..
- 2011: Cost-Effective Workforce Planning: Optimising the Dental Team Skill-Mix for England.: E Kleinman, Jenny Gallagher, Vincent Knight, Paul Harper - Journal of Enterprise Information Management.
- 2011: Bed Management in a Critical Care Unit.: Izabella Komenda, Jeff Griffiths, Vincent Knight - IMA Journal of Management Mathematics..
- 2011: On the Peter Principle: An Agent Based Investigation into the Consequential Effects of Social Networks and Behavioural Factors.: Angelico Fetta, Israel Vieira, Janet Williams, Vincent Knight, Paul Harper - Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications..
- 2011: Modelling Patient Choice in Healthcare Systems: Development and Application of a Discrete Event Simulation with Agent-Based Functionality.: Iain Reynolds, Janet Williams, Vincent Knight - Journal of Simulation..
- 2011: Operational Research Informing National Health Policy: Israel Vieira, Janet Williams, Vincent Knight, Paul Harper - Cardiff University. ISBN: 978-0-9569158-0-1.
- 2011: Forecasting Welsh Ambulance Demand using Singular Spectrum Analysis.: Janet Williams, Jon Gillard, Vincent Knight, Paul Harper - In Journal of the Operational Research Society.
- 2010: Forecasting Welsh Ambulance Demand using Singular Spectrum Analysis.: Janet Williams, Jon Gillard, Vincent Knight, Paul Harper - In Proceedings of the XXXVI International ORAHS Conference.
- 2008: Higher Spin Alternating Sign Matrices: Vincent Knight, Roger Behrend - Electronic Journal of Combinatorics.~14(1): R83, 38pp..
- James Campbell (BSc): Fingerprinter prisoner's Dilemma strategies (2016 - present)
- Geraint Palmer (PhD): Jackson networks and healthcare (2014 - present)
- Nikoleta Glynatsi (PhD): Machine learning and the Prisoner's Dilemma (2016 - present)
- Cindy Huang (Nuffield Research Placement): Investigating deadlock in queues with vacation and baulking (2016 - 2016)
- Rhys Ward (Summer): Building Game Theoretical Software in a Research Environment (2015 - 2015)
- Tobenna Peter Igwe (Google Summer of Code): Extending Game Theory in Sage (2015 - 2015)
- Ffinian Sullivan (Nuffield Research Placement): Understanding mixed behaviour in queue balking threshold policies (2015 - 2015)
- James Campbell (Summer): Building Game Theoretical Software in a Research Environment (2015 - 2015)
- Hannah Lorrimore (Summer): Building Game Theoretical Software in a Research Environment (2015 - 2015)
- Imogen Dunne (BSc.): The Effect of Personality Traits on Academic Achievement in Flipped versus Traditional Learning Environments (2014 - 2015)
- James Campbell (Summer): Building Game Theoretical Software in a Research Environment (2014 - 2014)
- Rhys Jones (BSc.): Modelling Rugby Lineout Strategies Using Game Theory (2013 - 2014)
- Jason Young (MMath): Markov Decision Processes for the study a system of two queues in series. (2013 - 2014)
- Rob Shone (PhD): Individually and Socially Optimal Policies in Queueing Systems with Multiple Heterogeneous Facilities (2011 - 2014)
- Angelico Fetta (PhD): Agent Based Simulation for Complex Health Systems Interventions (2011 - 2014)
- Ceri Morse (BSc.): Modelling Lineout Strategies using Game Theory (2012 - 2013)
- Izabela Komenda (PhD): Bed management in a critical care unit (2010 - 2013)
- Leanne Smith (PhD): Modelling emergency medical vehicle services (2008 - 2013)
- Julie Vile (PhD): Time-dependent stochastic modelling for predicting demand and scheduling of emergency medical services (2009 - 2012)
- Jason Young (Summer): Understanding the effect of selfish behaviour in a series of 2 queues (2012 - 2012)
- Chappman Sin (BSc.): Mathematical modelling of Risk (the board game) (2011 - 2012)
- Stuart MacGregor (BSc.): A study into two player hide and seek games verifying results from game theory using monte carlo simulation, with a particular application to anti-submarine warfare (2010 - 2011)
- Iain Reynolds (Summer): Modelling patient choice in healthcare systems development and application of a discrete event simulation with agent-based functionality (2011 - 2011)
- Catherine Fortune (BSc.): Game Theory and the Lemke-Howson algorithm (2010 - 2011)
- Tatjana Timofejeva (BSc.): Impact of unscheduled care Modelling time varying activities at a Hospital (2010 - 2011)
- Fern Gould (BSc.): Game Theory and the Iterated Prisoner's Dilemma (2009 - 2010)
- Tamsin Griffiths (BSc.): Troops to Task Tool and Refugee Estimation (2009 - 2010)
- Sustainable software institute: Fellowship, £3000, (2013 - ongoing)
- Cardiff and Vale University Health Board: Operational Research Modelling to Support Cardiff and Vale UHB, £371427, (2013 - 2018)
- EPSRC: Identifying and modelling victim, business regulatory and malware behaviours in a changing cyberthreat landscape, £101659, (2013 - 2016)
- ESRC: Hate speech? Understanding the modelling of social media identity formation and behaviour through the Cardiff Online Social Media Observatory (COSMOS), £7015, (2013 - 2016)
- Aneurin Bevan Health Board: Creation of a Mathematical/OR Modelling Unit to Support the Aneurin Bevan Health Board, £319944, (2013 - 2015)
- Health Foundation and Cardiff and Vale University Health Board: Estimating quality improvement and cost reduction for the patient and local health economy of transferring ENT/audiology services into a community setting, £61237, (2013 - 2014)
- Cardiff University CUROP Award: Developing and Evaluating Mathematical Teaching Resources through Open Source Software, £2200, (2012 - 2012)
- LANCS (EPSRC): Post-Doctoral Training Scheme Grant: Investigating the Effects of Individual Behaviour on Hierarchical queueing Systems, £5000, (2012 - 2012)
- Cardiff University CUROP Award: Patient Choice: A Discrete Event Simulation, £2500, (2010 - 2012)
- LANCS (EPSRC): Post-Doctoral Training Scheme Grant: Choice and Healthcare Investigation Project, £2500, (2010 - 2011)
- Axelrod: A Python library/github project that replicates Axelrod's tournament.
- Ciw: A Python library for simulation queueing networks
- Conference Scheduler: A Python library to schedule conferences using integer linear programming
- Game Theory in Sage: A collection of code to continue the integration of Game Theoretic capabilities in to Sage.
- Nashpy: A Python library to find equilibria in 2 player normal form games
- Virtual Microscope: A web application to display and annotate scanned slides.
- ghtalks: Organise and share talks with gh-pages
- sklDj: A Django web app interface to machine learning algorithms
- DjangoCon Europe 2015: I was on the organising committee for DjangoCon Europe 2015.
- PyCon UK: I am on the orgnising committee for PyCon UK.
- PyDiff: I help organise the Cardiff Pyton user group meetup.
- Python Namibia: I help run the Pycon Namibia conference.
- School of mathematics code club: I help run a code club open to mathematics students.
- sklDj: A Django web app interface to machine learning algorithms
- Monmouth Science initiative.
- Regular workshops at the School of Mathematics.
- STEM live: a university wide event.
- Speaking at the British Science festival 2015.
- 2017-03-23: Talk Python to Me Podcast - Game Theory and the Axelrod library
- 2017-03-17: Cardiff University YouTube Channel - PyCon Namibia and the Phoenix project
- 2017-01-09: Pythagoras' trousers - Mathematics in animation
- 2017-01-02: Pythagoras' trousers - Alpha Go
- 2016-09-26: Pythagoras' trousers - Election polling
- 2016-01-27: Namibia broadcasting company - Discussing PyCon Namibia
- 2015-06-16: BBC Radio Wales - Game Theory and Nash Equilibrium
- 2015-04-16: Sci screen screening - The Imitation Game
- 2014-05-05: 2014 Pythagoras Lecture - Mathematics and Healthcare Management
- 2014-03-19: BBC Parliament - Voice of the Future 2014