- Game Theory: Strategic behaviour in queues and the Iterated Prisoner's dilemma
- Markov modelling: Queueing processes and evolutionary dynamics
- Healthcare: Applied modelling of patient flow
- Pedagogy: Active learning approaches
- 2016: Ambulance Allocations for Maximising Survival within a Heterogeneous Population using a Heterogeneous Fleet. Leanne Smith, Paul Harper, Vincent Knight, in Submitted to the journal of the operational research society.
- 2016: Measuring the Price of Anarchy in Critical Care Unit Interactions. Knight VA., Komenda I, Griffiths J., in Accepted in the journal of the operational research society.
- 2016: Editorial: Operations Research for Health Care ESI XXXI — OR applied to Health in a Modern World. Aringhieri, R., Knight, V., Smith, H., in Health Systems
- 2016: Virtual Machine Warmup Blows Hot and Cold Barrett, E., Bolz, C. F., Killick, R., Knight, V., Mount, S., Tratt, L., in .
- 2016: Editorial: Operations Research for Health Care ESI XXXI — OR applied to Health in a Modern World. Aringhieri, R., Knight, V., Smith, H., in Operations Research for Health Care, 8, 22–23..
- 2016: An Open Framework for the Reproducible Study of the Iterated Prisoner’s Dilemma. Vincent Knight, Owen Campbell, Marc Harper, Karol Langner, James Campbell, Thomas Campbell, Alex Carney, Martin Chorley, Cameron Davidson-Pilon, Kristian Glass, Nikoleta Glynatsi, Tomáš Ehrlich, Martin Jones, Georgios Koutsovoulos, Holly Tibble, Jochen Müller, Geraint Palmer, Piotr Petunov, Paul Slavin, Timothy Standen, Luis Visintini, Karl Molden., in Journal of open research software..
- 2015: Containment of socially optimal policies in multiple-facility Markovian queueing systems. Rob Shone, Vincent Knight, Paul Harper, Janet Williams, John Minty, in Journal of the Operational Research Society..
- 2015: Playing games: a case study in active learning applied to Game Theory. Vince Knight, in Connections.
- 2015: Compliance with National Guidelines for Stroke in Radiology. Izabella Komenda, Hannah Williams, Vincent Knight, in Operations Research for Health Care..
- 2016: Time-dependent stochastic methods for managing and scheduling Emergency Medical Services J.L. Vile, J.W. Gillard, P.R. Harper, V.A. Knight., in Operations Research for Health Care..
- 2015: Modelling of psoriasis patient flows for the reconfiguration of secondary care services and treatments Kayne Putman, Alex Anstey, Paul R Harper, Vince A Knight, in Health Systems.
- 2014: Mathematical modelling of patient flows to predict critical care capacity required following the merger of two district general hospitals into one J. Williams, S. Dumont, J. Parry-Jones, I. Komenda, J. Griffiths, V. Knight, in Anaesthesia. 70 (1)
- 2015: Rostering staff at a mathematics support service using a finite-source queueing model Gillard J., Knight V., Vile J., Wilson R., in IMA Journal of Management Mathematics. 27 (2)
- 2014: Operational research ambassadors in schools Bradshaw N.A., Harper P, Knight V., Orpin L., in Proceedings of the HEA STEM, Edinburgh 2014
- 2014: Tweeting the Terror: Modelling the Social Media Reaction to the Woolwich Terrorist Attack Burnap P, Williams ML, Sloan L, Rana O, Housley W, Edwards A, Knight V, Procter R., Voss A. (, in Social Network Analysis and Mining
- 2013: Selfish routing in public services. Knight VA, Harper PR., in European Journal of Operational Research. 230 (1) 122-132
- 2013: Using Singular Spectrum Analysis to Obtain Staffing Level Requirements in Healthcare. Knight VA, Gillard J, in Journal of the Operational Research Society
- 2013: Comparisons between observable and unobservable M/M/1 queues with respect to optimal customer behavior Shone R, Knight VA, Williams JE, in European Journal of Operational Research
- 2012: Ambulance Allocation for Maximal Survival with Heterogeneous Outcome Measures. Knight VA, Harper PR, Smith L, in OMEGA - The International Journal of Management Science. 40 (6) 918--926
- 2012: How Efficient can an Emergency Unit be? A Perfect World Model. Baboolal K, Griffiths J, Knight VA, Nelson AV, Voake C, Williams JE., in Emergency Medicine Journal.
- 2014: Mathematical modelling of patient flows to predict critical care capacity required following the merger of two district general hospitals into one. J. Williams, S. Dumont, J. Parry-Jones, I. Komenda, J. Griffiths, V. Knight., in Anaesthesia. 70 (1)
- 2012: Discrete Conditional Phase-Type Models Utilising Classification Trees: Application to Modelling Health Service Capacities. Harper PR, Knight VA, Marshall A., in European Journal of Operational Research. 219 (3) 522--530
- 2012: Modelling Emergency Medical Services with Phase Type Distributions. Knight VA, Harper PR., in Health Systems. 1 53-68
- 2011: On the Peter Principle: An Agent Based Investigation into the Consequential Effects of Social Networks and Behavioural Factors. Fetta A, Harper PR, Knight VA, Williams JW, Vieira I, in Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications.
- 2011: Forecasting Welsh Ambulance Demand using Singular Spectrum Analysis. Williams J, Gillard J, Harper PR, Knight VA, in Journal of the Operational Research Society.
- 2011: Operational Research Informing National Health Policy Harper PR, Knight VA, Vieira I, Williams JW, in Cardiff University. ISBN: 978-0-9569158-0-1
- 2011: Bed Management in a Critical Care Unit. Griffiths J, Knight VA, Komenda I., in IMA Journal of Management Mathematics.
- 2011: Modelling Patient Choice in Healthcare Systems: Development and Application of a Discrete Event Simulation with Agent-Based Functionality. Knight VA, Williams JE, Reynolds I., in Journal of Simulation.
- 2011: Cost-Effective Workforce Planning: Optimising the Dental Team Skill-Mix for England. Harper PR, Kleinman ER, Gallagher JE, Knight VA, in Journal of Enterprise Information Management
- 2010: Forecasting Welsh Ambulance Demand using Singular Spectrum Analysis. Williams J, Gillard J, Harper PR, Knight VA, in In Proceedings of the XXXVI International ORAHS Conference
- 2008: Higher Spin Alternating Sign Matrices Behrend RE, Knight VA, in Electronic Journal of Combinatorics.~14(1): R83, 38pp.
- Nikoleta Glynatsi (PhD): Machine learning and the Prisoner's Dilemma (2016 - present)
- James Campbell (BSc): Fingerprinter prisoner's Dilemma strategies (2016 - present)
- Cindy Huang (Nuffield Research Placement): Investigating deadlock in queues with vacation and baulking (2016 - 2016)
- Geraint Palmer (PhD): Jackson networks and healthcare (2014 - present)
- Rhys Ward (Summer): Building Game Theoretical Software in a Research Environment (2015 - 2015)
- James Campbell (Summer): Building Game Theoretical Software in a Research Environment (2015 - 2015)
- Tobenna Peter Igwe (Google Summer of Code): Extending Game Theory in Sage (2015 - 2015)
- Ffinian Sullivan (Nuffield Research Placement): Understanding mixed behaviour in queue balking threshold policies (2015 - 2015)
- Hannah Lorrimore (Summer): Building Game Theoretical Software in a Research Environment (2015 - 2015)
- Imogen Dunne (BSc.): The Effect of Personality Traits on Academic Achievement in Flipped versus Traditional Learning Environments (2014 - 2015)
- Rob Shone (PhD): Individually and Socially Optimal Policies in Queueing Systems with Multiple Heterogeneous Facilities (2011 - 2014)
- James Campbell (Summer): Building Game Theoretical Software in a Research Environment (2014 - 2014)
- Rhys Jones (BSc.): Modelling Rugby Lineout Strategies Using Game Theory (2013 - 2014)
- Jason Young (MMath): Markov Decision Processes for the study a system of two queues in series. (2013 - 2014)
- Angelico Fetta (PhD): Agent Based Simulation for Complex Health Systems Interventions (2011 - 2014)
- Izabela Komenda (PhD): Bed management in a critical care unit (2010 - 2013)
- Ceri Morse (BSc.): Modelling Lineout Strategies using Game Theory (2012 - 2013)
- Leanne Smith (PhD): Modelling emergency medical vehicle services (2008 - 2013)
- Jason Young (Summer): Understanding the effect of selfish behaviour in a series of 2 queues (2012 - 2012)
- Julie Vile (PhD): Time-dependent stochastic modelling for predicting demand and scheduling of emergency medical services (2009 - 2012)
- Chappman Sin (BSc.): Mathematical modelling of Risk (the board game) (2011 - 2012)
- Iain Reynolds (Summer): Modelling patient choice in healthcare systems development and application of a discrete event simulation with agent-based functionality (2011 - 2011)
- Tatjana Timofejeva (BSc.): Impact of unscheduled care Modelling time varying activities at a Hospital (2010 - 2011)
- Stuart MacGregor (BSc.): A study into two player hide and seek games verifying results from game theory using monte carlo simulation, with a particular application to anti-submarine warfare (2010 - 2011)
- Catherine Fortune (BSc.): Game Theory and the Lemke-Howson algorithm (2010 - 2011)
- Fern Gould (BSc.): Game Theory and the Iterated Prisoner's Dilemma (2009 - 2010)
- Tamsin Griffiths (BSc.): Troops to Task Tool and Refugee Estimation (2009 - 2010)
- Sustainable software institute: Fellowship, £3000, (2013 - ongoing)
- Cardiff and Vale University Health Board: Operational Research Modelling to Support Cardiff and Vale UHB, £371427, (2013 - 2018)
- EPSRC: Identifying and modelling victim, business regulatory and malware behaviours in a changing cyberthreat landscape, £101659, (2013 - 2016)
- Aneurin Bevan Health Board: Creation of a Mathematical/OR Modelling Unit to Support the Aneurin Bevan Health Board, £319944, (2013 - 2015)
- ESRC: Hate speech? Understanding the modelling of social media identity formation and behaviour through the Cardiff Online Social Media Observatory (COSMOS), £7015, (2013 - 2016)
- Health Foundation and Cardiff and Vale University Health Board: Estimating quality improvement and cost reduction for the patient and local health economy of transferring ENT/audiology services into a community setting, £61237, (2013 - 2014)
- LANCS (EPSRC): Post-Doctoral Training Scheme Grant: Investigating the Effects of Individual Behaviour on Hierarchical queueing Systems, £5000, (2012 - 2012)
- Cardiff University CUROP Award: Developing and Evaluating Mathematical Teaching Resources through Open Source Software, £2200, (2012 - 2012)
- LANCS (EPSRC): Post-Doctoral Training Scheme Grant: Choice and Healthcare Investigation Project, £2500, (2010 - 2011)
- Cardiff University CUROP Award: Patient Choice: A Discrete Event Simulation, £2500, (2010 - 2012)
- Axelrod: A Python library/github project that replicates Axelrod's tournament.
- Game Theory in Sage: A collection of code to continue the integration of Game Theoretic capabilities in to Sage.
- Virtual Microscope: A web application to display and annotate scanned slides.
- ghtalks: Organise and share talks with gh-pages
- sklDj: A Django web app interface to machine learning algorithms
- Ciw: A Python library for simulation queueing networks
- PyDiff: I help organise the Cardiff Pyton user group meetup.
- DjangoCon Europe 2015: I was on the organising committee for DjangoCon Europe 2015.
- Python Namibia: I help run the Pycon Namibia conference.
- PyCon UK: I am on the orgnising committee for PyCon UK.
- School of mathematics code club: I help run a code club open to mathematics students.
- Monmouth Science initiative.
- Regular workshops at the School of Mathematics.
- STEM live: a university wide event.
- Speaking at the British Science festival 2015.
- 2016-09-26: Pythagoras' trousers - Election polling.
- 2016-01-27: Namibia broadcasting company - Discussing PyCon Namibia.
- 2015-06-16: BBC Radio Wales - Game Theory and Nash Equilibrium.
- 2015-04-16: Sci screen screening - The Imitation Game.
- 2014-05-05: 2014 Pythagoras Lecture - Mathematics and Healthcare Management.
- 2014-03-19: BBC Parliament - Voice of the Future 2014.