Lecturer: Vince Knight
email: [email protected]
Office hours: Thursday 1300-1500
Intended learning outcomes for this module:
- Understand and be able to write in Python the following programming ideas: Conditional Statements; Flow Control; Data Structures; Recurrence, Basic ideas of Object Orientated Programming;
- Use the above to tackle mathematical problems;
- Have a basic knowledge of LaTeX;
- Work in groups to tackle problems and convey solutions to those problems through presentation.
How the material will be taught (first term):
- Work through lab sheets and receive feedback during lab and class meetings;
- YOU WILL NEED TO WORK OUTSIDE OF THE LAB TO HAVE SUFFICIENT TIME TO COMPLETE LAB SHEETS
- Class meeting on Monday 0900;
- Office hours Thursday 1300 - 1500.
- Class meeting on Thursday 1500;
What you should do next:
- Download and install Anaconda (python version 3.6) on your own machine if you have one:
- Go to https://www.continuum.io/downloads and download the Anaconda installer. Follow the instructions there.
- If you have a chromebook or similar come and have a chat with me.
- Start working on the first lab sheet.
- Organise a study group of 4 to 5 people to work together (I suggest finding people in your own tutor groups).
- All teaching resources are available at http://vknight.org/cfm.