Python is a very popular language with simple object oriented syntax.
Here are a variety of resources that give a good grounding in Python and or might be helpful:
- Intro slides
- A youtube playlist of videos corresponding to slides
- My first year course site
- Reading list and collection of alternative resources from my first year course
- An OOP tutorial with role playing games
- The software carpentry site for Python
- A video on how to simulate a queue in Python
- Monte Carlo Simulation in Python
- Agent based modelling in Python
- Handling csv files in Python
If you find any more please do add them in the comments section below.
You might want to use a more advanced editor than the IDLE interface used during the workshop: atom is a very nice and powerful tool.
If you want to push yourself further and look in to modern software development tools, here are some starting points: